Content strategies and mobile documentation will be the focus at the world’s largest technical communication event — tcworld Conference and tekom Trade Fair — which takes place in Wiesbaden, Germany, from October 23rd-25th. Again this year, The Content Wrangler will host a special track dedicated to the emerging discipline known as content strategy. We’ve arranged for a top-notch team of content experts to deliver a full day of engaging and informative presentations, and two days of hands-on educational workshops.
If you’re a professional technical communicator and you’ve never been to tcworld Conference and tekom Trade Fair, you are missing out on the biggest event in our industry. If you can, I hope you’ll join me in Germany this October.
Why should you attend?
If you’re looking for software tools to help you work smarter, faster, and more efficiently, the mega-sized tekom Trade Fair will dazzle you. Several large convention spaces full of booths — some two stories or more tall — await you. Expect to interact with translation systems, content quality tools, XML authoring software, publishing solutions, content management systems, graphics packages, video documentation, interaction design software, digital publishing tools — you name it — they’re all there. And, in the very same hall you see examples of great documentation and training content, produced by some of the world’s biggest manufacturers.
If you’re looking for knowledge, there’s no shortage of presentations, panel discussions, case studies and hands-on workshops from which to choose. tcworld includes tracks on user assistance, localization, content strategy, language technologies, international management, technical authoring, terminology and mobile documentation.If you’re
The Content Wrangler is hosting an entire track, which by itself, is worth the price of entry.
Content Strategy Presentations
- Introduction to Content Strategy – Scott Abel, The Content Wrangler
- How Content Strategy Connects The Dots Between Business, Brand and Benefits – Rahel Bailie, Intentional Design
- Supporting Multiple Mobile Devices With A Unified Content Strategy – Ann Rockley, The Rockley Group
- Content Strategy Goes Global – Val Swisher, Content Rules
- Intelligent Content In The Real World: Equipment Systems – Joe Gollner, Gnostyx Research
- Everything Is Connected: New Approaches To Technical Documentation In A Global, Mobile World – Kyle Wiens, Dozuki
- Tranforming Technical Content Into A Business Asset – Sarah O’Keefe, Scriptorium Publishing
- Authoring Visual Service Manuals For Mobile Devices – Scott Abel, The Content Wrangler and Kyle Wiens, Dozuki
- Running A Content Requirements Workshop: The Cornerstone Of Content Strategy – Rahel Bailie, Intentional Design
- Adaptive Content Modeling – Ann Rockley, The Rockley Group and Val Swisher, Content Rules
- Global Content: Dealing With Multiple Mobile Devices In The Real World – Charles Cooper, The Rockley Group
- Developing Content For Mobile: The New Global Imperative – Val Swisher, Content Rules and Ann Rockley, The Rockley Group
- Planning An Intelligent Content Project – Joe Gollner, Gnostyx Research
- Content Quality: Three Dimensions To Creating Content That Works – Andrew Bredenkamp, Acrolinx
- Building A Business Case For Content Strategy – Sarah O’Keefe, Scriptorium Publishing
And Much, Much More…
Join me in Wiesbaden this October! [/caption]tcworld Conference and tekom Trade Fair will attract an estimated 4,000 technical communication professionals from around the globe. It’s jam-packed with informative sessions on a wide variety of topics. Take a look at the conference program and we’re sure you’ll agree that this is a must-attend event.