My husband works for a small organization. By small, I do not means in terms of revenue, but around 20-30 people, niche focus, with Indian and overseas clients. Today as we were having breakfast, we had an argument where he said his company is not yet ready to hire a Technical Writer as they are not ‘at that stage’ yet. It made me wonder what exactly is that ‘stage’ when you would consider hiring a technical writer? Well, I will discuss that in the next post. The point I want to explore here is – what can a technical writer do for a small organization? In an organization with around 20-30 or maximum 50 associates, what is it that I can do?
Typically in a small organization we would not just be technical communicator, but would perform several roles. I am going to explore those roles here:
- Technical Communicator as a Documentation Expert
- Technical communicator as a Web Content Manager
- Technical communicator as a Soft Skills Trainer
- Technical communicator as a user/customer experience advocate
- Technical communicator as a Technical Writer
To read more, please visit my blog on Technical Communicator for a small organization